The Cotton House was built on land owned by Louis Beaupre, title transfer to John Arndt in 1826. John Cotton built the house sometime in the early 1840s. The home belonged to the family until 1893. It was sold to J.W. Woodruff who lived there until 1896, then sold to the Catholic Diocese, who used it as an orphanage until 1933. Between 1938 and 1941 the home was moved to its present location and restored by the Brown County Historical Society, opening as a museum in 1941. In 1977 the home became a part of Heritage Hill. This building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This building design is a fine sample of timber frame construction, model after the Greek Revival style popular from the 1820s - 1850s.
|Original Build Date||1845|
|Original Location||Beaupre and Webster Avenue|
|Construction Style||Timber Framed Greek Revival|
|Original Owner||John and Mary Cotton|
|Moved to Heritage Hill||1938|