The current building was built outside of the walls of the fort during the years of 1834 and 1835. The location was the same as the old hospital, which was condemned in 1826. After the purchase of the land by the railroad the hospital was moved to the corner of Kellogg and Chestnut Streets and used as a private residence. The Fort Howard Hospital was moved to Heritage Hill in 1975. This building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Building design is a fine sample of timber frame construction with dormer windows, modeled after the Federal architectural style popular from 1780-1830. The building was constructed in two phases and is actually two separate buildings.
|Original Build Date||1834-1835|
|Original Location||Kellogg and Chestnut Streets|
|Construction Style||Federal - Timber Frame|
|Original Owner||United States Army|
|Moved to Heritage Hill||1975|