Tank Cottage was built around 1803 by Joseph Roy as a fur trader’s cabin. It was located on the west bank of the Fox River. In 1850 Otto Tank bought the building and added both wings to the house. Caroline lived in the house until her death in 1891. Tank Cottage was owned by several other groups of people and for many years it was a house museum. In 1975 the building came down the river on a barge and became a part of Heritage Hill State Historical Park. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
|Original Build Date||Circa 1800|
|Original Location||On Fox River at 8th Street|
|Construction Style||Piece’ sur piece’ en coulisse (Piece on piece in slide)|
|Original Owner||Joseph Roy, Jacques Porlier, Otto and Caroline Tank|
|Moved to Heritage Hill||1976|